Rosemary Software Archive
This is an archive of stuff pulled from kelp.icras.com before it went down. Currently it's (almost) exactly as it existed on kelp, no better, no worse. An invaluable resource for new DataRover owners.
This page is provided to support Magic Cap 3.1 users. Here you can find games, hardware drivers for PC cards, and other maybe interesting stuff.
All packages available here are MIPs, US, Release, built 98.09.09. on Irix from controlled sources (unless otherwise noted). That means they run on the DataRover. These are made available as a courtesy, so use at your own risk.
Kind of interesting, and fun too!
- Betteris might be similiar to a game called Tetris.
- Edgewise a solitaire game.
- Gammon aka backgammon.
- Gammon Book the instruction book for you new players.
- Gammon and GammonBook together as one.
- MatchIt is a variant of this ubiquitous game of many names.
- Penguin is very challenging for some of us! See how you do.
- Reversi you will have to see for yourself.
- Scramble is very popular with some.
- Solitaire (deluxe) aack, aack!
- SubShop is a pretty cool implementation of the battleship/submarine game.
- VideoPoker is what you might guess.
- Yahtzee, (triple no less).
- Scramble, Solitaire, VideoPoker, and Yahtzee together as one.
Options for wireline and wireless communications.
- Lucent WaveLAN Bronze driver for 802.11 wifi networks (no support for encryption or selecting SSID, sorry)
- NetWave Airsurfer Ethernet driver for wireless access to LAN.
- Motorola PM100C CDPD driver for wireless access to ISP.
- Ricochet wireless modem driver for wireless access to ISP (SF Bay, Seattle, and DC only).
- Wireless Connectivity Pack is all of AirSurfer, PM100C, and Ricochet in a bundle.
- 3Com EtherLinkIII Ethernet driver for wireline access to LAN. Built 98.09.20.
- Ne2000 ethernet driver for wireline access to LAN using Socket LP or SohoWare ND5100.
The Dvorak Keyboard
For those who recognize that 'this is the way we've always done it' isn't always good enough. Get it here risk free!
- English web browser v3.5 (table enabled).
- Japanese web browser v3.5 (table enabled).
Internet Relay Chat
For those of you who must have it, please use this version and none other. Built 98.05.13.
- CujoChat the IRC client.
Stuff to do stuff.
- MC 1.x data translator for bringing your namecards etc., forward to MC 3.1.
The translation package is NOT supported. It is provided here, on request, by and for the few, the brave, the initiated who know enough to back up BEFORE they use something like this.
At this time we make no representation about how well or what data types it will translate. But if you use it we would be interested to hear of how it did and did not work and for you, so we can make it work better.
To use the translator package, insert a MC 1.x PC card with data on it, AFTER this package is installed.
Windows PC connectivity application (requires special cable).
- WinPCLink.zip should get you going.
These are ROM images which can be downloaded to a flash ROM DataRover 840. You will need the Software Developer's Kit and a special serial cable to download them.
- MagicCAP-USA.zip USA build 3.1.2j
- MagicCAP-Japan.zip Japan build 3.1.2j
- WinDownload.zip Windows download tool from SDK. (Mac one is a MPW tool and needs the SDK installed.)
ROM Flasher Card Image
This image, when put on a 8MB linear flash card (not ATA) will re-flash a DataRover 840 that has flash ROM (sometimes called "840F"). You must use a tool like Memory Card Explorer to load this image on your card, then refer to this article for how to use it.
- DataRover840FRomFlasher.gz USA build 3.1.2j